• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Continual symptoms remission humira

Hi everyone I am brand new this is my first post my name is Laura I am 51 years old was diagnosed with crohns in 2001 I have had an ileocolic resection in 2012 I am currently on humira and have been for four years my gastroenterologist continues to assure me my crohns is in remission I recently had a ct scan of my abdominal area with contrast I drank the white liquid stuff the results showed that things looked really good no inflammation fistula or strictures yet on a daily bases I experience right side abdominal pain and severe pain that takes a long time to go away after a bowel movement I never have problems with constipation I continually have on average 10 to 15 bowel movements a day and have since my surgery my doctor now says I have post surgical diarrhea which I am given to understand is not going to get better I have tried an entire gammit of diarrhea medications the next one we are going to try is xifaxin I sure hope it helps are symptoms common and is pain common Evan though you are in remission
as I'm sure you can all attest to, this makes my quality of life very very difficult
Thank you laura