• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Contipation?

Hi .. I usually get bouts of diarrhea but for the past few months ive been constipated. It's difficult to push anything out when I need to poop and recently ive been squatting down because I can't push it out sitting on the loo so I have to literally squat on the floor and go on toilet paper :( it's humiliating . Is it constipation? My stool is not all hard but it can get hard bits.

Ive tried pushing and bringing my knees up while im sat on the toilet. I don't have dehydration and I eat well so Its not like I'm malnourished.

Cross-stitch gal

Staff member
Sounds like a call to the doctor maybe in store. Especially if you've been constipated like this for this long. They should have some ideas, otherwise it might not be a bad idea to be checked out.