• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cooking with seasonings with Crohns

What should I use and what should I stay away from? I'm from South Louisiana and our way of cooking is not the healthiest. I have just been using salt and it gets old.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Everyone is an individual - you may need to go with trial and error.....I'd start with simple seasoning, stay away from too much salt.....all depends on what you are cooking.....

For fish, I like lemon juice (fresh), parsley or dill

Meats - chipolte seasoning, pepper, lemon pepper is actually quite good, even on steak!

A lot of people have issues with fried foods - mainly the grease......

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
In general, a lot of us have issues with things like onion, garlic, and MSG - those are the ones I try to avoid. I agree with Lisa, try one seasoning at a time and do trial and error. Keeping a food & symptom journal is a good idea too, write down everything you eat and how you're feeling, how many bowel movements, how much pain, etc and that way you can correlate symptoms to ingredients over time.

I want to share my last kitchen discovery. I don’t imagine anymore my cooking without sous vide bags. I found on a thread a girl who recommended them and I thought “what a stupidity”. But when I saw them in a store I wanted to try them and now I am more than happy to have them. You may check by yourself how great it is to have them, what are the pros of cooking with them https://www.thewindupspace.com/best-sous-vide-bags/ .

Last edited: