• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Correlation between abscess healing and bowel movements?

How does your BM's affect your abscess drainage?

• My abscess is always draining and I suffer from diarrhea

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • My abscess is always draining and I have solid bowel movements

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have solid bowel movements and my abscess does NOT drain a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't think my bowel movements affect my abscess

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

KWalker

I've always been interested to see if there was a relation between abscess pain/drainage and the type of BM we have (diarrhea vs. hard) so I thought I'd make a poll and get all of your insight as well. I noticed myself that once my diarrhea went away and my bathrooms visits got less frequent and more solid, my abscess started to really heal as well.

I am with you. The worse the d is the more painful and horrid the pain and drainage.
It will just burn its way through. When there is no d the drainage eases off and so does the pain.

I've put I don't think it does, but its a bit more "not sure"
I don't think I paid close enough attention to it at the time. I don't seem to remember having lots of D at the time of my abscesses. But I mostly always have soft stools.