• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cost of Stelara

Lynda Lynda

If you have been prescribed Stelara, how much do you pay for each syringe ?

I live in the USA. I have Crohn's Disease and been using Humira Injection Pens for 3 years. I'm currently having a Crohn's flare. My GI just prescribed me Stelara 90mg / mL syringe once every 8 weeks. Today I received approval from my Health Insurance Company to receive this medication through December 31st, 2021.

My Humira was free through help from their Patient Assistance Foundation. Stelara is listed as the second most expensive prescription medication in the USA, of course.

My out-of-pocket cost, as quoted to me today by a Customer Service Representative at my Health Insurance Company, is almost $3,000.00 for a syringe. I collect Social Security benefits monthly, so I do not have $3,000.

I am waiting for a Patient Portal Message or a phone call from my Gastroenterologist Medical Assistant. I have a GI appointment on May 26th, 2021.

If you have any information about how I can apply for assistance for my cost of the Stelara, please pass that on to me.

Side Note : I am supposed to receive a Stelara infusion ( 3 vials ) as my "first dose" at an Infusion Center. I do not know how much each vial costs. Usually it takes two or three calls to the Customer Service Representative at my Health Insurance Company to get a clear answer about anything.

Of course I am worrying about all this and I haven't even had my GI appointment yet !
I like to be informed so that when I walk into my appointment I have some idea of what is going on.

Lynda 🌼

my little penguin

Staff member
Did you sign up for Jansen care path ??
That helps cover most of copay except $25
Call their 1800 number

Lynda Lynda

Did you sign up for Jansen care path ??
That helps cover most of copay except $25
Call their 1800 number
I have not signed up for any financial assistance at this time.
Thank You for the information about Jansen Care Path !

I have the CarePath program and it's great. I pay only a $5 copay for each dose.

Qualifying for CarePath does not depend on your income or other ability to pay. It depends on whether your insurance policy is compatable with CarePath. Most insurance policies provided though employers will work. Medicare parts C or D will not.