• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Could i have Crohn's 10 months unexplained illness....

Hi

I am new to the forum and wanted to share my story to see if you think I may have Crohn's or a related illness. I am a 30 year old male normally fit and well.

I have been unwell for 10 months now:
Abdominal pain, mainly right sided can travel into side and back.
Lower stomach/pelvic area pain and cramps.
Pain in right testicle.
Problems passing urine, slow start, jittery during, do not feel like I have emptied my bladder once finished, leaking after finished even though I stand a couple of minutes afterwards. I have had blood in my urine too, and a couple of UTI (uncommon in men I believe).
Headaches.
Dizziness.
Eyes - gritty feeling, bloodshot, general pain and discomfort, flashes of white and some black dots.
Bad appetite on some days.
ZERO energy.

I was a healthy fit guy before all of this started attending the gym 6 days a week and a clean diet. Now I do nothing.

I have had blood test after blood test done. All okay. Kidney function wasn't great a couple of months ago but has climbed slightly.
X-ray, Ultrasound of abdomen, cystoscopy all normal.

I am scheduled to have a flow test tomorrow (checking if my bladder is emptying correctly). I am also waiting to be listed for Endoscopy and Colonoscopy and CT with contrast.

Do people think I may have Crohn's I just want some answers now.

I am taking 20mg Amitriptyline at night to help with the pain.

I look forward to your replies.

I:ysmile:

Lady Organic

Staff member
Hi, sorry for your issues. you do seem to have trouble in the urology department and hopefully a urologist will help you in that regard. As for CD, the tests you are waiting to have will definately help give you the answers. Im am sorry we cannot give you more feedback on if we think you have IBD or not. Good luck.