• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Could it be Crohns?

I am 30 years old and new to all of this and in the middle of a bunch of tests to find a diagnosis. I have hardly ever had any bowel issues until a week and a half ago. In the last week I have had cramping/diarrhea/blood in stool/no fever. At first they thought I had C Diff from antibiotics but that came back negative in a stool sample. I had a positive result of fecal lactoferrin. Dr put me on Flagyl which doesn't seem to be helping. Had a CT scan yesterday which showed thickening of terminal ileum. Radiologist said this could be due to IBD or infection. I now have to have a colonoscopy next week. Does this sound like Crohns to anyone? Im holding out hope that it's just an infection but VERY concerned it's crohns. Can it just show up out of nowhere with no other previous bowel problems? HELP!

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum!

The radiologist is right - it could also be an infection. Your symptoms could indicate either, as well. IBD can occur with no warning and no family history.

Try not to worry, as stress will likely make your symptoms worse, no matter what is causing them. IBD is frightening, of course, but if you do have it, you're catching it very early, so treating it will likely be much easier than it otherwise would be.

:hug: