• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Could this sound like Crohn's?

Warning long post!! My story with a flare up of some sort.

Hey I been dealing with issues for a while had doctors tell me acid reflux and could have a intestinal disorder but never found anything solid so I never got my complete check up done as my plan was up.

Anyways so the other night It was sunday I was walking home from the bus from work and I started seeing spots moving shadows and every thing seemed odd and just like a dream. I went home had a few beers to relax like usual then I got real emotional and made some odd and out of character FB posts. So that was that, so I played some nintendo games to calm down.

So when I got up I felt my abdomen very heavy and my lower to mid back started to really hurt. I got up and went to work, I was fine but mid day it came back and I had to leave work. So tuesday I could almost not move it was like a circle of cramping and tearing or burning all around my back and abdomen I must have gone to the bathroom at least ten times to do number 2 that day.

Then I almost went to the doctors tuesday but I am tough and usually get through things. I lost my temper a bit because it was so nagging and I could not do it anymore. I started to feel better i thought it was going away until Wednesday and today it came back again and was even worse but not for long today as soon as i left work I felt okay and now i have minor muscle stretching and minor back pain. I must have used the bathroom 30 times in two and a half days.

So today I passed a lot of gas and felt better for it a tad until my stomach went into full break down mode noises everywhere feeling of popping pinching and other odd feelings and now I do not feel like there are three bowling balls in my abdomen anymore. Does this sound like any others stories here. I never had a flare up this bad before it was horrific.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

Sorry you're dealing with this. I think its important to got to the doctor and get checked out; if at all possible.

Sending you my support.

David

Co-Founder
Welcome to the community :)

In reading your post, it doesn't seem like you've had chronic intestinal issues, correct? If so, and based upon what you described, I would say it is unlikely that you have Crohn's disease. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean you shouldn't be checked out by a doctor, you definitely should.

All my best to you.