• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

COVID-19 Lialda and 6 MP

Hi Everyone,
Hope you're all doing well in the midst of the madness. I just wanted to reach out because I'm a 53 year old Crohn's patient. Not experiencing any flares or anything but my doc has me on 6 MP and Lialda just to maintain swelling and irritation. Both are immunosuppressants.

I'm posting because my son is coming home from college today. He, literally, spent the last two days clearing his stuff out of his fraternity house. He is not showing symptoms at all but in an effort to be cautious, we are restricting him to three rooms in the house (bedroom, living room, his own bathroom) to cut down in his touching things, etc.

Curious if anyone has any insight regarding these two drugs and if what I'm doing seems adequate?

Thanks,
Patrick