• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Covid and immunosuppression meds

Hello everyone, 👋
I hope everyone has been safe and in good health.
I was just wondering how many people have had covid with immunosuppression medications? (Azathioprine etc)
What was your experience?
And do you shield/be careful still?
I've been pretty much shielding the whole time except for very select appointments/meet ups etc. I find I have to risk assess everything now.
I would love to hear everyone's experiences.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I'm on Remicade, vaccinated, and ended up with Covid last April - was nothing more than a head cold to me.

I use hand sanitizer more than I used to, but I don't go overboard. I go out to eat, shop, been working the entire time full time with lots of OT (At Covid testing and vaccination sites, a prison for a while on and off during the beginning.....

At this point i figure if I'm going to get it I will...I don't go out of my way to be around sick people however and do wear a mask at doctors offices or where requested.