• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Covid w/GI symptoms? Infection? Food Poisoning? Flare?

Hi All! Just jumping on here for some advice. Right now I have had ongoing symptoms of headache that comes and goes, stuffy nose that comes, fatigue, aching muscles and digestive upset. This has been ongoing for at least two weeks. I am wondering whether I should get a COVID test since my family have also been feeling under the weather off an on. We don't have a fever and I am the one feeling the worst. What is so frustrating about Crohn's is it is so hard to tell whether it is an acute case of enteritis (food poisoning), COVID, a flare or some sort of infection. What do you guys think? I already have an appt to do my regular Crohn's bloodwork (CRP, CBC, Fecal Cal) next week and then a f/u with my family doctor and GI after that so that will at least tell us if its the Crohn's or an infection so should I wait to do a COVID test until after these tests? I am due for my Stelara shot this Friday but I am nervous about taking it when feeling under the weather even if I don't have a fever especially when this could be COVID.

crohnsinct

Get a covid test. I had Covid (or do they think...it was before testing was readily available). It sounds similar and you really need to know.