• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Covid

Hi everyone,

has anyone here gotten covod after have 3 covid vaccines? What was it like? Anyone get a fourth shot yet?

my little penguin

Staff member
My kiddo got his fourth shot a few weeks ago
US moved the spacing to 5 months from the third dose in the series to get a booster (fourth shot )
No side effects
No issues

Scipio

Got my 4th shot yesterday - which hopefully will increase my chances of continuing to dodge the omicron bullet.

My daughter and her husband and their two little daughters all tested positive for COVID. Little girls were fine. Both daughter and husband were fully vaccinated (2 shots), plus my daugher was also boosted. Result: son in-law was flat on his back for a week with bad case, but daughter had almost no symptoms - maybe a slightly sniffy nose. She is a poster child for the efficacy of getting boosted.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
I need to find out about getting a 4th shot...just got back my antibody test results and they have dropped significantly since the last test in November.
5/12 level was 23 ug/mL.....3rd shot 9/30.....blood draw 11/23 showed 18 ug/mL and latest blood draw 2/16/22 was only 2.1 ug/mL - which is still considered 'high'....

my little penguin

Staff member
2.1 ug/ml was marked high ??
Less than 4.38 ug/ml is considered no response for normal immune system (non ibd folks )
Or less than 50 Iu/ml
Partial response (normal folks ) 4.38-21.92
Or 50 IU/ml to 250 Iu/ml
And clinically significant response
Was >21.92 Ug/ml or >250 IU/ml

the North Carolina study for ibd considered more than 1 ug/ml as some response
And over 20 ug/ml as high in ibd patients

my little penguin

Staff member

Latest numbers as of today

Scipio

I need to find out about getting a 4th shot...j

Getting a 4th shot from CVS is easy. On their online appointment site they have a check list of which shot category you are applying for - 1st shot, 2nd shot, etc. And immunosuppressed people applying for a 4th shot booster is its own specific category. You just check the box and schedule the shot. At the store nobody asked any questions. They just gave me the shot - no problem.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
2.1 ug/ml was marked high ??
Less than 4.38 ug/ml is considered no response for normal immune system (non ibd folks )
Or less than 50 Iu/ml
Partial response (normal folks ) 4.38-21.92
Or 50 IU/ml to 250 Iu/ml
And clinically significant response
Was >21.92 Ug/ml or >250 IU/ml

the North Carolina study for ibd considered more than 1 ug/ml as some response
And over 20 ug/ml as high in ibd patients
I'm in the North Carolina study.....and it does state more than 1 ug/mL is 'high'.....I take that with a grain of salt and look at the overall number and how it changes.....

I'll be working at a vaccine site this weekend and will see about getting the 4th shot there before I leave.

Scipio

Latest numbers as of today
I would like to have seen the data broken down as lab titers by brand of vaccine.

And also, it may not be valid to compare antibody titers across studies. They may not be using the same tests, so what is X ug/mL of antibody in one study may not equal X ug/mL in another study. And in any case NONE of these antibody quatitation tests are fully validated and FDA-approved, so they should be regarded as expermental research tools rather than ready-for-primetime laboratory tests.

We had an antibody response of 98 IU/ml, from a lab that was taken 13 days after his 3rd shot. It sounds like that is pretty good.