• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Cramps

Hello All:
I am new here and not diagnosed just seeking some advice. For the past 5 months i have been experiencing very bad cramps in my intestine area. It started on the left side and has now started in the right side also. I also have alot of gas and pain and pressure. Nothing relieves the pain and sometimes the pain gets really bad and i feel like screaming. I also have diarrhea and sometimes constipation with the cramps. I have started to take gas pills 4 to 5 times a day which does not help. I am scared to go to the doctor because of the dreaded colonscopy test which i know will make me have cramping more. Does this sound like possible Crohn's disease?

Hello pennylou. Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are not feeling good. Please go to the Doctor. I am pretty sure that before he or she decide about a colonoscopy test, they will run some blood tests and get an idea what is going on. Sending support.

Your symptoms could be caused by crohn's or something totally different. The only way to really know is to see a GI Dr for tests. The colonoscopy isn't that bad. The prep gives you diarrhea, but then you will be all cleared out. For me, having my gut all cleared out like that feels good, and the cramping stops for a a little while, since there is nothing in the intestine to cause cramping. If you do have Crohn's it's important to be under the care of a GI Dr so you can can the appropriate tests and medication.

Thank you for the response. I have made a appointment with my md for this problem. Last night was very bad for me, the worst cramping that i have ever had and diarrhea after eating dinner 8 times. I also have very sensitive eyes ( Hurting real bad). My appointment is Monday.

Ugh, i've had nights like that too. Let us know what the Dr says. Is the Dr a family doc or a GI?

I have to go back to my family doctor. I had a colonoscopy scheduled in July but cancelled it because i began to feel better with the predisone that they had put me on.