• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crescent rolls stuffed with salmon and cream cheese

This is a very basic recipe that you can add to any way you'd like.

1-2 cans crescent rolls
1 can salmon, bones and skin removed (I don't like them)
1 brick cream cheese, room temp
green onions if desired, chopped

Mix salmon, cream cheese, onions, and anything else you'd like to add together. Open cans of crescents. Lay out each crescent and plop a dollop of cream cheese mix into it. Roll up and seal edges by pressing together firmly.

Place on slightly greased cookie sheet and bake as per crescent can instructions.

I once tried rolling all the crescents together with a rolling pin because I got lazy about stuffing each individually. This made for a somewhat soggy mess. If stuffed individually each crescent is crisp.

Stuffing will leak out a bit if you overstuff but that's no big deal.

EDIT: These are best if eaten fresh. They tend to get mushy reheated.

Last edited:
They are. :D And I was just at the store today and didn't think to pick up ingredients for this. I'm craving some since talking about them here.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Sounds good and thanks for the recipe! I'm going to make these at some point over the weekend. I'll let you know how they turn out!

Welcome, everyone. I got the ingredients to make some this weekend too. It's not quite part of my healthy eating but I'm splurging. :)

Pen, that's the beauty of it...you can do anything. It's very basic. :)

Yes, it would. I left out the onions but added onion powder, tarragon, and garlic salt to my mix yesterday. Yum. I always forget how good tarragon is and it was part of the original recipe I was given for these.

It is! I first encountered it in this recipe as a matter of fact and wondered why I'd never used it before.

There's a Chinese restaurant in town that puts it in their egg rolls. YUM. I brace myself for the pain and indulge in them on occasion. :D

AndiGirl

Your Story Forum Monitor
I am planning a get together for Scott's birthday in April. He loves seafood! I plan on making your recipe, Dusty, my sister's crab dip, and my other sister's shrimp salad. I'll have some of the other appetizer type foods as well. Thanks again for the recipe.

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
Well, I made these last night and also tonight (had enough of the filling to make 2 batches). They were really tasty - but unfortunately my guts just didn't like the dairy, even though I took those lactaid digestive enzyme things. Both times I ate these, I had to run to the bathroom within about 15 - 20 minutes of eating them. :( They were tasty, just not a gut-friendly snack for me. Stupid lactose intolerance!