• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohnie from the Philippines!

Hi everyone!

I'm new here. I have been diagnosed with Crohn's for 14 years now. So far so good. It wasnt a smooth ride into getting a diagnosis. Philippines started diagnosing IBD patients just recently. Luckily, my brave pedia GIs took the plunge and made the call. Yes, I have Crohn's! That was 14 years ago.

I've been reading from different forums how difficult other patients go through for getting a diagnosis or finding a doctor. There are a lot know who are knowledgeable with the disease. You just have to find them.

I have maintenance meds: Infliximab. Ive been through the whole stuff -- ASAs, steroids, 6MP, immunosuppresants, etc... But no major (anything thru the abdomen) surgeries. The doctors are very patient trying to manage me conservatively as long as we could.

I really hope I can connect with other IBD patients here in the Philippines. Anyone of you out there? Hit me up!

Cheers!:thumright: