• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns and a vacation to Wildwood.

Yeppers I'm taking the kids from Montreal to Wildwood in a week time.

I called my insurance to make sure if something happens there I'll be covered.

Turns out that my entire family is covered except me. IN order to be covered you cannot have had a doctors visit in the last 3 months or any treatments.

Pretty strange since I'm very likely to have this treatment for the rest of my life. Does this mean I am doom to stay in my own country forever?

So I complained a bit and now they have opened a file and will investigate some more. Anything crohn's related except for the very very big emergency can wait until I come back home. I just want to be covered in case I get in an accident or break a leg or something

Funny how they have no problem taking your money (insurance companies) but always have a hard time paying you back when the time comes.

Can't wait to leave it will be great times...

your bases are belong to us!!

hehe

Cheers

Hey I spend a few weeks there every summer. I always notice a lot of plates from Canada which always surprises me. Have a nice time Im sure you will be fine. (Maybe avoid the fried Twinkies and french fries on the boardwalk too)