• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's and joint pain?

Oh that look in peeps eyes... I totally know that look. I see it often..in my children's eyes, in my man's eyes...it's excruciating. My kids are older, almost 17, 20, and 21. It's almost easier with my man's son who is 6 because he doesn't understand much about our mortality. My kids do though. They worry and I do everything possible to limit their worry. Harder I think for my youngest because he still lives at home. He sees me day in and day out.
Relationships are tough enough when we are "normal". I said to my man just yesterday, how sorry I am that already he's having to love me "in sickness and in health". We've been together for over 4yrs. When we fell in love I was vibrant...always training for my next marathon or cycling event. Now it's a marathon just to leave the house. I can't imagine the thought of attempting to date if I weren't already with someone. But while I'm grateful for him by my side, I hate feeling like I'm holding him back. My own issue, I realize. Sigh
Mandy...thanks sweets. Your words are so encouraging. Xo

fuzzy butterfly

Lol was gonna take my friends bull mastiff/rotterweiler cross temporarily until she took me for a walk last Sunday 7 stone odd but the soppiest friendliest bundle of fur it was a little before that that i began feeling unwell a bad reaction between the amitriptyline and cannabis i reckon I've quit again since and aim to actually stay off this time
I bet you felt like a flag on the end of the lead eh !!. My dog was a little thing in comparison but i felt like a flag on most of our walks πŸ˜ƒ feel better soon πŸ’Ÿ

Awesome analogy, flag on the end of the leash... lucky we had both our 90lb pits since pups and have been lucky enough to train them well when they walk, so they dont take me for the walk, wink wink. But the male needs a collar to prevent the pulling and he still pulls with those things digging in his throat, hes a beast.
And regarding dating, shit i was in a real bad and weird situation after my best friend past away, but i thought i was just so tired from depression and such but come to find after she finally left me, that i was in the middle of a amazingly brutal flare that put me in the hospital. I would come home from like a 14-16hr day, and she would be all ready for me to give her attention, i would put my head fown with the tv and lights on and be just out cold, drooling. She thought i wasnt giving her attention or that i didnt want to give her attention. Plus she couldnt understand why she had to initiate sex all the time. I thought she was draining the life out of me, but it was just the crohns. Anyway, having such a horrible relationship experience sooo turns me off from looking or thinking that theres someone who would want a qeathered towel of a man... who complains like a 67yr old instead of a 37yr old, but looks like a 27yr old lol anyway. Ole well

fuzzy butterfly

I had my dog from a pup. Tried to train him to walk 'nicely' as you can tell that worked just fine πŸ˜† total waste of time n energy. Everything else great walking not a chance!!!
Im sorry you lost your lady to this disease. I believe tho that if she loved you she would still be there now. I believe there is a mr/mrs right for us all if we look. Like you (i think ) I cant be arsed much of the time lol. Have enough trouble dealing with myself lol. To tired to go out looking too πŸ˜•.Oh n i could win the moaning olympics given the sniff of an oily rag (chance). Im 53 going on 153 πŸ˜† or least feel it most days ..
At least you say you look 27 yr old , i know i look at least ten years older than i did when i was 43 :rof:.keep your chin up my friend all is not lost , its just misplaced for now. You will find it again one day. Sending love n hugs πŸ’•

fuzzy butterfly

Thx for the kind words. Life just doesnt seem the way i envisioned it... im sure none of us envisioned this, just difficult.
You are most welcome love. It sure is my friend it sure is. We gotta try n not let it beat us down tho. Gotta try n kick its butt !!

Just want July to come so i can get back over to Durban take her in my arm's and the rest will leave to imagination stuck here seems like no matter how I'm feeling bad or not so bad hard to get a grip cause i wannabe over there for the long term

Feeling much better this morning bpm back down to 80 or so after being at 103 since that day my furry friend took me for walkies ☺☺☺ hope you're all having a relatively symptom free Sunday

fuzzy butterfly

Good glad u feel better.
I have declared today world wide smiling day. So pleased to see you smiling. Hope it carrys on as you feel better πŸ˜€πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†:hug:

Last edited:
I try but unfortunately as the new saying goes i just have a bitch face don't get it twisted though it doesn't mean I'm not happy lol ☺☺☺ thank god I'm not smiley smiley carol smiley ochhh aye haha

Just want July to come so i can get back over to Durban take her in my arm's and the rest will leave to imagination stuck here seems like no matter how I'm feeling bad or not so bad hard to get a grip cause i wannabe over there for the long term
I can hardly wait for July cuz that will mean I will be soaking in a few rays. I'm such a whitie...I need a little tan in my life. Lol
Hugs to you missing your love.

I'm okay today. Not great but also not terrible...so that is a reason to smile. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Got put of the house last night for a wee bit with my man. Went with him to his Jamaican buddies to grab a little nugget. Poured us a stiff Jamaican rum which I cut with prune juice haha that one drink had me feeling awesome! Lol

Been tee total since 1991 now I've quit smoking think coffee is my worst vice fair play to all drinkers though and even though i can't toke i will always love weed just not as much as my precious lady ☺☺☺

Been tee total since 1991 now I've quit smoking think coffee is my worst vice fair play to all drinkers though and even though i can't toke i will always love weed just not as much as my precious lady ☺☺☺
Coffee would tear up my stomach and I had to give it up.

Dr permitted me no more than 2 drinks a month...but I don't even do that because it doest appeal or the alcohol, no matter which type doesn't agree with my guts. I've been feeling the guts ache all day today and some nausea. It was but one stiff drink. Crazy cuz I used to be able to handle my liquor. Anyhow, was still pretty worth it because I felt amazing for 3 full hours,almost like normal, and then slept a solid 6hrs.
Still won't be doing that again anytime soon.

Coffee doesn't like me either, Ron. I just drink water.

Used to be able to handle 1 or 2 cans of lager ☺☺☺ fave tipple now is carrot juice and bottled water and smoking a mary jane flavoured e juice lol given up that fodmap still partial to a alpro yoghurt with maple syrup πŸ˜‰

To be honest too much alchopops and smoking cigs and weed will tear up your guts aswell as coffee inhaling any type of smoke isn't good for you so best to refrain work's for me far as the diarrhoea goes as long as i eat well

Been doing good with my crohns and joint pain lately. This week end i helped my brother in law work on his truck replacing most of the front end suspension. Knees and hips began giving me fits. Then today my mom wanted to move her bed room up stairs since my dad died a few weeks ago. So i moved her bed and dressers. Im getting old my body is killing me. Knees and hips are swollen. Hope everyone else has been good.

Thank you. My dad is much better off. Hes nolonger in pain. He was 54. About 18yrs ago he broke his neck and back in a wreck. His diabetis got out of control and some of his meds hurt his kidneys. He ended up dying from renal failure. It was good though. All of us and his best friend were with him when he passed.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi 2010, sorry about your father, he was the same age as I am this next birthday, no age really. I understand that you say he is better off, without pain now. God bless you all, I hope that that fact gives you solace.
Now your joints, you see that is what happens when you do too much my friend, we feel ok and then get all giddy with ourselves and over do it. Time to rest up for a while and ease them joints. Take care love n hugs πŸ’•Mandy

My condolences Mustang. I understand. Rest up. I bet it felt good to do normal stuff like that despite the pains later. That's how I feel anyhow...Saturday I had a day where I did some normal things and it was so good for me mentally. Yesterday and today I've been paying for it but whatever. Eff crohns and RA! Lol

So sorry to hear about your father. Even if it was for the better, its not easy losing someone.
Hope you are able to gft to your hot rod, my el camino has literally been sitting stagnant for at least 3 yrs. Now that i am saving sime money, i might get back to work on it soon. I hate seeing my projects just sit around the house, makss our house loom like sanford and son. Just adds to my stresslevel.
Glad you are able to do some more normal stuff. I have actually jad less joint pain than before, buty stomach just seems a mess when i eat.
Wishing you the best of luck.
BB

Been playing around with foods lately. Was able to eat small amounts of pizza off and on until friday. I ate some friday and stimach has been a problem since. Joints swelles up over nothing saturday and sunday. Hope eceryones doing well.

fuzzy butterfly

Hi 2010, that's good your trying out stuff . Don't give up on the pizza just give it a while n try again as we can sometimes tolerate it well then not. Other than the joint pain, I feel you there...
I Hope you are keeping well my friend. πŸ’“

Keep getting more good days then bad. Only had about 2 or 3 bad days this month crohns wise. About 1 week ago i had a 2 bad days in a row. Joints have been iffy last 4 days. I laid some tile at home and due to having to be on my knees alot at work. Other then that and some fatiuge here and there im doing good. Still no problems with the remicade infusions.

Well im down to 5 mgg prednisone and my joint pain has returned. Not as bad as it was in december but its comming back. My crohns is under control. Get 1 or 2 bad days a month. Overal doing well.

Well im down to 5 mgg prednisone and my joint pain has returned. Not as bad as it was in december but its comming back. My crohns is under control. Get 1 or 2 bad days a month. Overal doing well.
Glad your Crohns is better. Hope your joint pain is better soon.