• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns and multiple sclerosis

I just found this forum and I was compelled to join this group as a way to reach out. I am 43yrs old and diagnosed with cd and ms in 2008. Talk about your double whammy...whew. I immediately started betaseron injections for ms and pentasa for crohns. I grew antibodies and had to go off the injections and just started tysabri. I am writing this while I sit here all rigged up receiving my second infusion. Research shows that tysabri works for both the ms and cd so fingers crossed. My gi dr cut my pentasa back to half dosage after my first infusion last month as my cd affects dramatically improved after my first infusion of tysabri.

Anyone else suffering both ms and cd and found anything that seems to work? I was compelled to write this in hopes my short term success thus far might provide hope or options for those like myself .

I only have Crohns but my friend has Tysabri for her MS and she is doing very well. You will love this forum there is so much support here for you!!!! xoxoxo

Farmwife,

I can't thank you enough for your reply in sharing your knowledge of this forum. Found the link and subscribed. I wish no one else had to deal with these diseases and I was flying solo on this journey. On the flip side it's inspiring to know we can all help each other along the way.
Peace