• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's and NAFLD?!?! What...?!?

Long story short; I have fistulizing CD and had an ileostomy and resection in early 1998. Luckily for me it stayed in remission since then. In May my GI had me come in for a routine colonoscopy and thought he saw some ulcers. He then had me do the pill cam and found ulcers in my small intestine. So... after lengthy discussions we decided Cimzia would be my best option. Here's the kicker, while testing my blood they found I had NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease). They are still going to start me on Cimzia but I'm a little freaked out by having another disease. Anybody else sharing this journey? Any advice?:sign0085:

Ain't it a kick in the pants? No, to the best of my knowledge, I don't have NAFLD. It just seems that CD should be enough for any one person. All the concomitant crap that goes with it just isn't right!
Just wanted to say good luck.

Entchen

Chief Dandelion Picker
Oh boo, Cornfield, that stinks. So very sorry that you're going through this additional challenge (and not a challenge that you needed!).

Re. your question, I do have a fatty liver (it can be associated with Crohn's, I think?) but it is not at a stage where it would need any treatment.