• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns and radiation link?

No...what type of exposure are you referring to?
I'm thinking about fallout from the 2000+ atomic weapon tests, disasters like wind scale, three mile island, chernobyl, and fukushima. The planet is quite heavily contaminated and we all have strontium in our bodies, could this be the cause? I've heard crohns only started to effect people after ww2, seems like a strong coincidence...

Lady Organic

Staff member
interesting thoughts but IBD are found mostly in Western countries. in the recent years however, numbers are growing alarmingly in the developing countries where lifestyle mimicks the western world's. research has also showed that children of immigrants who grow up in western countries go on to develop the same incidence rate of IBD as hosts of those countries. Nuclear disasters are surely a nuisance to health, but unlikely the cause or associated with IBD.

If that is true that Crohns became more prevalent after WW2 I would put my money on weaponization of certain pathogens. Germ warfare experimentation.

I have read an account of a person who supposedly has the documentation of weaponized mycoplasma being sprayed over parts of Canada by the U.S. according to the story, various illnesses resulted depending on dosage. One of the illnesses mention was Crohns.

I don't know how credible that account is as the U.S government is not real forthcoming on its illegal activities. I did find it interesting that mycoplasma was my biggest problem with my Crohns symptoms.

I am sure you can find the article by searching weaponization of mycoplasma.

Dan