• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns and stomach virus

I am on 6MP, Pentasa, Nexium, and Paxil CR. The 6MP has dropped my blood levels drastically and I have been asked to babysit for a grandchild. The child has a stomach virus and is throwing up. Should I do it? :ybatty::ybatty:

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
How long do you have to babysit for? How bad do you feel currently? Do they know about your current condition to where maybe they could ask someone else?

Edit: How long have you been taking the 6MP for? During the first few months I would get every cold that came along. If you're still getting sick easily then it may not be a good idea.

id maybe talk to them and explain that you could catch the virus but it could hit you hard and wipe you out physically,im sure they'll understand,ive had to decline watching my nephew a few times as its just not worth the illness that you could end up with.either that put them in the shed.......only joking :)

ameslouise

That's a tough position to be in. I avoid the stomach flu as if it was the bubonic plague. If you can get out of it, try to do so.

PS Love your screenname!