• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns and surgeries and ginger

I was diagnosed wih Crohns disease 29 years ago. I have had numerous surgeries and am now in remission but always read and learn more every time I search. I was told about ginger for neausea especilly for sailing on the high seAS. bUT IT IS ALSO FOR INFLAMMATION AND i FEEL IT IS WORTH A TRY. . Like to hear about people like me. Sjzanne

I have heard that ginger is good for your stomach. My son and his girlfriend have ginger pieces they keep at their house and it helps with their stomach issues. The problem for me is that this particular product has sugar in it which can encourage inflammation.

I have heard that ginger is good for your stomach. My son and his girlfriend have ginger pieces they keep at their house and it helps with their stomach issues. The problem for me is that this particular product has sugar in it which can encourage inflammation.
I have come to realize sugar us the enemy. I work in a bakery and surrounded by sugar and suffering people

Trysha

Staff member
I prefer ginger over any other Meds for treating frequent nausea.
I find it very effective.
I use crystallized ginger for convenience but have also used fresh root ginger which can be made into a non sweetened drink.
Trysha

Ginger works! Just add some pieces of ginger root to the water that you drink during the day. In Denmark you can also buy pure ginger shots in small bottles. Does magic!