• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's and Tooth Decay

Lynda Lynda

Does Crohns or Humira increase tooth decay. I had not been to see my dental hygienist for one year and recently went in for a teeth cleaning. Now I need 5 fillings and a replacement of a crown due to decay. And really this just the beginning because I can see other teeth that look and feel like they will need fillings in the near future.

Bufford

When I was on Cipro and Aza my dentist said in frustration 'I don't know what is happening, but it would appear your teeth are disolving before my eyes'. It was not long after starting this treatment that I had a lot of problems with my teeth rotting, as well as bone and joint problems. I went off of the treatment and after several months my health improved, but the damage was already done.

Lynda Lynda

If only we could grow new teeth ! I always catastrophize almost every situation, such as my dental problems, which makes each situation magnified. I live where dental care is abundant, so I should be grateful for those services being available. Thank you for sharing your dental experience. It is actually the financial part of fixing my teeth that is my stressor. My sister is paying for my 3 crowns, she is a very generous person and I am so appreciate of her help. I will pay for all my filings. Now I must step up my at home dental care so nothing else worsens. Have a great day.