• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's cook book

SpoonNinja

Spoonie
cool! thanx! ive been looking for recipes to try when im flairing or just things to make when im not but to prevent one, but i wasnt able to find much more then smoothie recipes lol! so this is very helpful i cant wait to get it so i can try some of the things in it! ^-^

SpoonNinja

Spoonie
I GOT MINE TODAY!!! and it so happend i had all the ingreadients to make a pot roast in it and let me tell you it was GOOD! but there are recipes for salads in it, isnt lettuce bad for us?

SpoonNinja said:
I GOT MINE TODAY!!! and it so happend i had all the ingreadients to make a pot roast in it and let me tell you it was GOOD! but there are recipes for salads in it, isnt lettuce bad for us?
Normally not real good, but it also depends on the severity. I'll eat salad from time to time, but I use young greens or red leaf or spinach, which digests a little easier.

SpoonNinja

Spoonie
ah ok i wasnt sure i was gonna be like "this guys a croc!" lol but im going shoping in a few days and have made a list of things i will need for some of the recipes in it, i may have to try one of the salads

I read in an IBD nutrition book that lettuce is one of the few vegetables we can eat raw; but we should be careful with it and only eat a small plate