• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns diagnosis didn't bring me down.

I was diagnosed with crohns in 2002, I think. A single kidney stone and many questions led to a bunch of testing and a final diagnosis. I was put on Asacol, which I took religiously until we moved out of the state. I never bothered to get another GI until we moved back here. Going through a new GI, I went and had a checkup and colonoscopy and was told there was no sign of any crohns. Cool. I have been seemingly symptom free for years. I do experience annoying things that I attribute to crohns but nothing too serious. I know I said my diagnosis didn't bring me down, which it didn't. However, with my oldest daughter's diagnosis in 2010 and my youngest daughter's diagnosis in 2014, it did. It is one thing to watch my two brothers (yes, both have severe crohns) suffer from afar, and to deal with my own diagnosis, but to have it affect two of your three children is something totally different. I worry for my youngest son, praying he will slide right by. I worry about my youngest daughter who was pretty much taken over by crohns the year she was going to begin her college life and I worry about my oldest daughter who is now facing the possibility of her first surgery if things don't calm down inside that digestive system of hers. I sit here as their mom and don't even know what to do for them. I am constantly reading and researching everything crohns. I feel like my life is now consumed with this. Their GI is an ...... but we really don't have any other options unless we drive 2-3 hours. My youngest daughter is once again attempting to start her college life, so hoping she will be accepted where there are better GIs to choose from. That is my frustrating story.

Yes this disease can take up alot of your time if you want to be fully equipped. Im so sorry to hear about your children having the awful disease. I know with how I feel, I couldn't bare that pain on a child. I agree, a good GI is hard to find. Mine is great but sometimes I know we waist time trying to please my insurance company. I do pray for the best for your family. As I am waiting on CT SCAN results to schedule a resection and fistula surgery.

Current meds :

Humira injections every 14 days
Pentasa 4000mg a day
Prednisone 20mg a day " started taper on Friday "
Nexium 40mg a day
Bentyl 60mg a day
Norco 10-325 when needed
Liquid Omega 3 800EPA / 500DHA
Chamomile oil
Jarro-Dophilus EPS probiotics