• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's Diagnosis Imminent with Recto-vag Fistula

Hello. Well this is sucking. i definitely have fistula (at least the recto-vaginal one) - 90 minute MRI on Thursday and 2nd colonoscopy following week. Blood tests, anemia, lack of ability to process B vitamins and protein and 20 lb. weight loss with no interest in food....pretty sure that's what we are talking.
The fistula, of course is my main concern. I live in Hawaii and there is noone skilled enough to fix it here. I would like to have it fixed leperascopically (sp) - instead of flap or some other intrusive option. I know nothing about Crohn's, Fistula's or what I'm in for. I feel ok today - but yesterday I could barely get out of bed for 10 minutes without have to lay down again. Does anyone have any advice on the procedure for fistula fix? Thanks, Jenn

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry for all you are going through. There is a section in here titled something like Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses. You can also post there and you will probably get lots of help. Best to you.