• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's Disease Journey

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum but definitely not a stranger to the world of Crohn's. I was diagnosed when I was around 14-15 years old and I am now 28!

When I was diagnosed I was having stomach pain pretty much everyday at that point and I thought that's just what it meant to have Crohn's, thankfully that is no longer the case. My parents wanted to try going a more natural route after hearing that the doctor wanted to put my on tons of different medications and the doctors were not very willing to discuss any other options at the time. We really did not know much about the disease and thought maybe we could help without all of the medications. Sadly this did not work for me but to be fair I was a 15 year old and did not follow the best of diet. My senior year of high school I had a terrible flare up that landed me in the hospital. After this we were able to find a GI doctor and I was given the choice of either starting Remicade or Humira. I decided on Humira!

I have been on Humira since 2011 and it has worked pretty well for me, although I recently had to bump up my dose and I now give myself the shot every week instead of every other week :( I can't complain too much though because I am just happy it has worked this long.

Anyway, that is a quick picture of my story with Crohn's (there is definitely a lot more) but I am more than happy to answer any questions people may have!

I am excited to be part of this forum and learn more, get questions answered, and maybe even share some advice or knowledge of my own.

-Zandy