• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's Disease & Music

I'm a big believer that music can be healing even if it's just mentally. So I kind of put together a list of songs I listen to when I really need a pick me up when I'm having a bad day with my CD.
I was wondering if anyone else had music that they used in the same way.

Here are the songs that keep me standing strong :)
Hope maybe they can help others too!

Rascal Flatts- Stand

One Republic- Stop & Stare

The Wreckers- Stand still, Look Pretty

Jeremy Camp- There will be a day

Taylor Swift- Change

Kate Havnevik- Grace

Counting Crows- Color Blind

Natasha Bedingfield- Wild Horses

Nickelback- If everyone Cares

Kate Havenevik- So-Lo

Colbie Caillat- One Fine Wire

Natasha Bedingfield- Unwritten

MikesAngel21 said:
I'm a big believer that music can be healing even if it's just mentally. So I kind of put together a list of songs I listen to when I really need a pick me up when I'm having a bad day with my CD.
I was wondering if anyone else had music that they used in the same way
I use music to relax when I get to tense and anxious over symptoms and the limitations it puts on me.

I have a bedroom with no windows, it's pitch black, and I'll lie down with my heating pad and listen to Philip Glass and fantasize about a sailboat I want to own and where I want to sail to. Very intense, I can get into the details so much that I forget where I'm at and what's going on. One day I'm going to make this happen.

Just got an awesome album by Wendy Sutter, it's cello solos. I know many would think that this music is depressing but to me it's peaceful rather than sad.