• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns flare up after pregnancy

Hi I was diagnosed in 2011 with crohns had crohnic diarrhoea cramps and Hugh weight loss was on prednisolon and humira. Fell pregnant January 2012 and crohns was under control, recently I'm having new symptoms, I'm having severe pain round my anus, the area is so red and inflammed and Everytime I have a BM I have to go through the pain of wiping also seem to be leaking fluid as well, any ideas what this could be?

Angrybird

What colour is the leakage? I am wondering if you have an abscess... Are you still under any routine care with a GI doc and are you still on the Humira?

Angrybird

Ah so you have been med free? Are you due to see your doc soon at all? If not I would look into getting an appt sorted so this can be checked out for you.

Yes I have as it was fine when I was pregnant, just took asacol but came off that after she was born, I'm not due to see him but thinking maybe I should go as this could just be a sign its coming back

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
Yes, you do need to see a doctor to get checked. Could be a flare, or could be another problem. Only a doctor can really tell you.....

Hi helzbelz

I really think you should see your GP in the first instance to check you out and put your mind at rest, whatever the problem is. You need to know what you're dealing with. I too went into remission when pregnant, and took no meds whatsoever, just to be on the safe side.

Needless to say, the Crohn's came back with a vengeance after my son's birth in June 2010, but my consultant had already warned me this would probably be the case.

Get yourself checked out, please - at least then you will know how the land lies.