• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's for 7 years but feeling so much better!

Hi

I'm Janine and I was diagnosed with Crohn's back when I was in uni and had not long been with my boyfriend (now husband). Before this I was in constant pain for a year and a half and new something wasn't right! Drs treated me for IBS but it was doing nothing so my parents kindly paid for me to go for a private consultation, which is where I met my now consultant. He knew straight away that it was crohn's but obviously this was confirmed by tests.

I then went through years of being moderately well then ill again with periods of steroids etc which made me feel crap. Luckily I have not been hospitilised with this but it has affected my life, my time with my daughter and my work. Last year I started with a bout of illness again this time feeling so drained and horrible. Consultant discussed and put me on aza which seemed to improve matters although I still had little energy etc and had side affects. But it was a vast improvement.

Recently I have started on a new Juice Plus product initially to help me lose weight. I was skeptical but I have to admit it made me feel great!! I have so much more energy, pains gone, less bloating just generally feel fantastic and have lost a stone in the process, which I had struggled to do before. I think if I had been explained years ago about getting the correct nutrients and supplements and diet into me my life could have taken such a different direction! I know its not a miracle cure but I am so pleased I have found this product and am eating right now. I think more Drs should focus on this as a basis instead of just being pumped with drugs. :)

Does anyone else feel like this?

Hi

I'm Janine and I was diagnosed with Crohn's back when I was in uni and had not long been with my boyfriend (now husband). Before this I was in constant pain for a year and a half and new something wasn't right! Drs treated me for IBS but it was doing nothing so my parents kindly paid for me to go for a private consultation, which is where I met my now consultant. He knew straight away that it was crohn's but obviously this was confirmed by tests.

I then went through years of being moderately well then ill again with periods of steroids etc which made me feel crap. Luckily I have not been hospitilised with this but it has affected my life, my time with my daughter and my work. Last year I started with a bout of illness again this time feeling so drained and horrible. Consultant discussed and put me on aza which seemed to improve matters although I still had little energy etc and had side affects. But it was a vast improvement.

Recently I have started on a new Juice Plus product initially to help me lose weight. I was skeptical but I have to admit it made me feel great!! I have so much more energy, pains gone, less bloating just generally feel fantastic and have lost a stone in the process, which I had struggled to do before. I think if I had been explained years ago about getting the correct nutrients and supplements and diet into me my life could have taken such a different direction! I know its not a miracle cure but I am so pleased I have found this product and am eating right now. I think more Drs should focus on this as a basis instead of just being pumped with drugs. :)

Does anyone else feel like this?
hi,
good to know that you are doing great,
just curious to know what is that "Juice Plus product"...
***edit****
just googled and found out what it is...thanks for sharing your story

Madhav

Thanks, yeh it's a great product I feel. I think because both me small and large intestine is affected I don't necessarily absorb nutrients from good well. This is in 'juice' form it's easily digested. I love it! So much so I've started sharing it with friends and family and they do too. It's not a cure for anything it just helps your body work and repair itself in the right way. Only recently come to my part of the UK so I'm glad I've found it :)

Thanks, yeh it's a great product I feel. I think because both me small and large intestine is affected I don't necessarily absorb nutrients from good well. This is in 'juice' form it's easily digested. I love it! So much so I've started sharing it with friends and family and they do too. It's not a cure for anything it just helps your body work and repair itself in the right way. Only recently come to my part of the UK so I'm glad I've found it :)
I still need to find my luck here...yet to see that brand here