• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Sticky Crohn's Forum Candle Room

You are missed more than you will ever know Bug! You always cheered me up and smiled, no matter what. Your light was from within and God inspired. I am so happy to know you are with Him now my sweet friend....:heart::heart::heart:

I would like to light a candle for my husband Luke. He died 7 weeks ago at just the age of 24 years from a blood clot in his brain. He was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in November 2010 and struggled to control his condition right to the very end. We were only married for 6 months when he was taken from me :cry:

He was my husband, my best friend.......... my world.

Sleep peacefully my brave love, thinking of you every minute. I love you more than all of the stars in the sky.......forever :heart: xxxxxxxxxxxx

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Oh twilight...:hug::hug::hug:

What a very sad and heartbreaking time for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. :heart:

Dusty. xxx

It can't get any flipping worse John I can't believe he hit you over and over with a hammer or something more lethal stripped you naked and left you in the bath then stole items including money, Xbox, laptop and hrs before he got arrested put on FB 'R.I.P John taken too soon' hope he gets life for this it's all he deserves. Can't believe it's sick he's scum. You had done nothing too deserve this. Can't get my head around that I'm never going to see you at work again it's not the same we miss your jokes and sense of humour most of all we miss you. Can't believe he murdered you:(:(:(:(:(:( I need strength John :(:( can't believe nobody helped you when he done this too you. We want you back you should be here with us still it wasn't your time to go. After all you went through with cancer and beating it it ends so tragically. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I was diagnoised with cardiomyopathy
5 weeks ago and has been very differ cult
To pull though.
I've got my first heart failure clinic tomoorw
And I'm very nervious.
I pray it goes ok

R.I.P nana Minor you will be sadly missed always in my thoughts and heart :(:( my emotions are all over the place :(:(:( memories will be treasured forever :(:(:(:(:( missing you already and literally just found out :(:( xx

I'm struggling through this it never goes away everything is blur right now I don't know how to handle it :(:(:( funeral is next Wednesday :(:(:(:( I hope I can get through it...

I know this sounds selfih.. but I'd like to light a candle for myself. I have been having a hard time but am feeling *somewhat* better. And for *all* my loved ones.. including my dear dear Grandmother who has been gone for about 6 years. Miss her a lot ! Love to everyone here and who reads this :)

DustyKat

Super Moderator
There is nothing selfish in that at all hun...:ghug: We all need a moment for ourselves, more often than not they are precious and few and far between so we must grab them with both hands. There is no shame in that. :)

Dusty. :heart:

DustyKat

Super Moderator
I'm struggling through this it never goes away everything is blur right now I don't know how to handle it :(:(:( funeral is next Wednesday :(:(:(:( I hope I can get through it...
Thinking of you CheerBear...:ghug:

It will be a sad and heartbreaking time for you but you will be able to mourn and say goodbye. I know it hard to see in these dark days but a funeral can be a healing time and I hope more than anything that it will be for you...:ghug:

Sending love and healing thoughts your way. :heart:

Dusty. xxx

Lighting a candle for my best friend's mother in law, whose funeral was today.
Her name was Ruth but everyone called her MiMi. She was 96!:ghug:

Lighting a huge candle for Mary Healy who was a part of my women's group at church. She passed away yesterday at the age of 53. She had ataxia. She left behind 6 children and grandchildren as well. Mary was a strong ,coragious, servant of God. Her husband died five yrs before Mary got ataxia. He was killed right in front of her leaving the house on a motorcycle. She loved him more than life itself and now she is with him ....

I want to light a candle for me and family
Who going though very differcult
Time, just when u think things are
Getting a bit better, something worse comes
And brings me down.

Catherine

Bing,
I walk past picture everyday on my way to work. Can't believe it almost two years since you went missing. You were only 14. We will not forget you.

Last edited:
I would like to light a candle for my mum, my best friend, a truly inspirational lady who touched the lives of many with kindness and grace. If I can be a fraction of the person she was I will be a happy camper. Love you and miss you, 4 years tomorrow since we lost you, will never forget you. xx

Plz light a candle for my dad's work colleague who had his bowel removed coz of a blockage(lump) and its not good news. He's been told its cancer and has spread all over his body. Been given two yrs too live. He's got a wife and two small children :(:( can't imagine how they feel right now :(:(:(

I am inconsolable. My wonderful brother Lance, was tragically killed by another driver on his way home from work on his motorcycle yesterday. I was truly blessed to have such a beautiful soul as my brother. I will love and miss you forever Lancie. You brought light, laughter and happiness wherever you went - especially in my heart. You were the best brother a girl could ever dream of having, and the best father and son. Our song, "He's my brother" by the Hollies is etched in my heart forever.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=related&v=oT57tjz9py8

I am inconsolable. My wonderful brother Lance, was tragically killed by another driver on his way home from work on his motorcycle yesterday. I was truly blessed to have such a beautiful soul as my brother. I will love and miss you forever Lancie. You brought light, laughter and happiness wherever you went - especially in my heart. You were the best brother a girl could ever dream of having, and the best father and son. Our song, "He's my brother" by the Hollies is etched in my heart forever.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=related&v=oT57tjz9py8
I'm so very sorry for you hon! All I can say is it gets a little easier as time goes on, but you always miss them....:ghug:

I feel selfish asking to light a candle for me
But I'm waiting to hear my results from a biopsy
And am going though I hard time.
I just want to know now, not knowing is so
Hard.

You deserve many candles MLS, do not give yourself a hard time about it. Hope you get results soon!
Tenacity - I'm so sorry! I know there are no words that can make it better but we are here offering support for you.

Crohn's Mom

I light a candle for my "baby" brother ...
It's 2 weeks today that he decided that he was in too much emotional pain, and decided to end his life.
I tried so hard to help him through it, and be there for him.
He left behind 2 beautiful sons, 4 nephews and 3 nieces that loved him dearly.
I wish with everything I am that I could have "saved" him somehow.

I miss him with every inch of my soul, and I will never understand how he thought this would be a better way; regardless...I loved him then, and I love him now.

RIP my sweet, sweet baby brother...You were not only my brother, you were my friend...I will NEVER forget you !

DustyKat

Super Moderator
Oh T....I can't even begin to imagine your pain and heartache. :(

Thinking of you my friend and sending loads of love and warm squishy hugs your way. ❤

Always,
Dusty. xxx

Last edited by a moderator:

Cat-a-Tonic

Super Moderator
I guess it's my turn to light a candle in here - I just got some bad news about a former co-worker. He had been battling throat cancer for a long time, he even went into remission, but then I guess it came back. He had surgery, chemo, radiation, the works. I didn't hear anything from him for awhile, but I knew he was generally doing poorly. I had heard he couldn't walk more than like 10 feet without getting tired so he stayed in his room all day every day. He was like that for awhile but seemed to be hanging in there, and he kind of got pushed to the back of my mind. For some reason though yesterday I started thinking of him and wondering how he was doing, was going to drop him a line and say hi. But I just heard that he passed away! It's very sad. We used to work closely together and he had to stop working because of his cancer, but he kept telling me he wanted to get back to work soon - and he would check up on me too, to see how I was doing - he told me he felt really badly about me being ill and that he was worried about me (!!) because my IBD had first reared its ugly head just before he got sick, so we were the two people at work always going to doctor appointments back then. He was a nice person and it's really hard to think that he's gone. I just pulled up his obituary but haven't been able to read it yet, and it hasn't really sunk in yet. I'm just in shock right now.

If anyone reading this is a smoker - please, quit! My co-worker was a life-long smoker, and he used to brag that he was healthy as a horse and hadn't even been to the doctor in decades because he was so healthy. Well, that wasn't truly the case, and throat cancer snuck up on him. By the time he went to the doctor for it (his voice was a little hoarse, that was his only symptom), it was already stage 3. This guy was only in his mid 50s when he died. So please, don't smoke - even if you think you're fine, cancer can sneak up on you.

I'm lighting a candle for a school friend who took her own life on August 2nd she hung herself. I can't believe it and am still in shock. She was only 22 and was in my year at school. She always seemed happy at school:( according to a friend she was struggling with living from the ages of 12-13 years old. She got admitted to hospital 6 times due to mental health and she'd tried to take her life loads of times before but it didn't work. My heart goes out to her family can't imagine how they are feeling. They must be destroyed. It must of gotten so bad in her head that she couldn't think of another way out of it. Just hope she has found peace bless her. Was looking through my leavers book at her photos and you wouldn't think she was so unhappy:(:(:( Also on the same day I found out school friend had killed herself also found out Dad's auntie had died in July but nobody had told us till last week:( apparently someone had said to let us know but they didn't :( I didn't know her but still liked to have known she'd died. I need strength to get through all of this :(:(

John I can't believe its a year today you got tragically and brutally taken away from us. It's not the same without you. We miss you so much :( I've cried so many tears this last year and the last few days just thinking of you. I know you wouldn't want us to be upset but its hard not be under the circumstances. I still remember you saying to me at work when I got upset over something and you said what you crying for I'm not going anywhere. Now look at us mourning your loss. It's not right why did this happen to you? I need strength to get through this. It's something we won't ever get over:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Catherine

I light candle for "Henry".

He was reported missing by school yesterday. He was last seen two weeks ago.

Henry is a classmate of my 15 year old daughter.

Please stay safe Minh (Henry)

I'd like to light 3 candles, the first 1 it's for my lovely father-in-law, Jackie, who passed away on 3rd April very suddenly, he went out like a light sitting with his beloved wife, here one minute and gone the next. He is very sadly missed :(.

The second is for my father, Jack. He'd been ill for some time having had a fall in hospital which meant he needed brain surgery, at 78 it was just too much for him and he left us on 8th may, exactly 5 years and 1 hour after my mum. He always said he wanted to go the same day as she did and he got his wish. He was surrounded by his family when he left us and is at peace now back the mum. And of course the 3rd candle is for my mum Beth. Five years gone on 8th may (2 days after my 40th birthday), never gone from my heart, reunited now with dad. A few days before she died mum gave dad back her eternity ring and told him they would be together for ever. I miss you both so much :(thank you for everything you gave me which I will carry in my heart with love always.

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I wanted to let everyone know that another forum member, Dan (DanSJVDavis) has passed away. I did not know him well but maybe other members did. I don't have information as of yet as to how he died but will post more information as I hear it or someone else can post more information if they know what happened.

I've been told that he was 43 and left a wife and 2 kids.

Lighting a candle for you Dan. We'll all miss you. :ghug:

Catherine

I light candle for Philip.

Philip and his family are always there for anyone need. He was an active member of Canteen.

Thinking of his wife and surviving children. They lost there son and brother 11 years ago to this illness and today they buried wonderful husband and father.

RIP Philip and Tim.

My Mum, Sharyn Clarke, died on 12th March 2015 from Motor Neurone Disease (ALS).

Lighting a candle for her and everybody else affected by that horrid disease.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
For my uncle Viktor, my Mom's twin brother...who died quietly in his sleep last week from a possible heart attack....

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
I'm lighting this candle in memory of Daniel Kyre a member from the YouTube group Cyndago. He was taken off of life support on Sept 18th after a suicide attempt on Sept 16th. I didn't know him personally but after you watch someone for so long they start to feel like a friend or part of your distant family. Cyndago announced that they will no longer make anymore videos. Their videos and songs always made me laugh. Check them out for yourself on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdN16HCXHyA_feUyoY9jDKw

If any of you are contemplating suicide please talk to someone about it. You can also contact me or any staff member about it at anytime. There's always help to get you through this tough time. We're all here for each other. :ghug:

I'm going to share one of my favorite videos they did. It's not safe for work (NSFW).

[youtube]ciFHFjKdjtE[/youtube]​

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Lighting candles for all the lives lost today (Nov 13, 2015) in Paris France after the terrorist attacks. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the friends and families of those who lost loved ones. Stay safe everyone.

Catherine

I light a candle for the people of South Australia Mid North. Also for the people of Esperance WA who are still fighting fires from a week ago.

For the friends and relatives of the victims.

I pray that this fire season will turn around and not be bad as feared.

It not even summer for another week.

Thanks

Sad but a relief, it was hard watching dad suffer for the last 16 months or so.
Dad was bed ridden with dementia, very very hard to watch. He was only 70.

RIP dad.:cry:

Catherine

I light a candle for our firefighters who have spend this Christmas Day out protecting our community. Also those that who are left their homes. Especially the families who have lost there homes this Christmas Day.

Lisa

Adminstrator
Staff member
For my Dad....who passed away yesterday morning....I'm glad I got to spend time with him a few years ago before Alzheimer's totally took his memory, but I wish I could have seen him again.....

Attachments

For my Dad....who passed away yesterday morning....I'm glad I got to spend time with him a few years ago before Alzheimer's totally took his memory, but I wish I could have seen him again.....
I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you.

I want to light a candle for my beautiful son Adam.He suffered terribly with Crohns and the medical world could never give him relief.Long story short-he lost his battle after contracting infective endocarditis due to be immunosuppressed.He had two heart valves replaced (which meant more hospital stays for flares for some reason).A cardiac arrest just damaged his heart so much he never recovered-no donor heart available. I hate this filthy disgusting disease.