• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns from last 2 years

Hi

I have crohns from last 2 years. Diagnosed and confirmed through colonoscopy, done on March 2013. For first six months I was treated with TB medicines. Did same test again on Sep 2013. Report showed no improvement and was finally concluded Crohns with Deep ulcers at Ileum. For one year I was on 2g Pentasa, Librax twice a day and Steroids. Everything was fine as long as I was having steroids. But now I have replaced Steroids with Azoron 100mg for last one year. Now I get periodic cramps and motion every evening.
With Azoron, now I feel week, fatigue , loss of appetite and weight.

I have stoped Azoron for one week and now I feel much better. Even able to eat better now. I am confused now what to do ?

Please suggest ?

Thanks

hi rajat,
even my case is similar to your's as i was diagnosed with TB initially after my first surgery, as the case of TB is more frequent in India than Crohn's( seeing your name i asume you to be an Indian) my suggestion would be don't stop any medicine all of a sudden without consulting your physician. Since Azoron helps to keep a check my lowering immune response. Yeah the side effects are true in any case of allopathy medication, but you have to develop a way of dealting with it by eating healthy stuff ( i understand we can eat a very few stuff and choosing from them can be difficult).

Don't skip your medication all of a sudden. It will take a toll after some time. So i would again tell you TAKE your medications and if side effects are unbearable try ayruvedic medication or homeopathy(again ask the ayruvedic or homeopathy doctor, sometimes you might have to take both allopathy and alternative medications together.

All the best :) Cheers bro!!!

Thanks for response.

Yes I am from Delhi. I am vegetarian and eat Only Rice, yellow Dal, boiled vegetables, soups , banana, apple and eggs. Sometime roti with curd.

I take Follic acid and B12 as well.

My next appointment is on 30th April Will consult the same.

With Azoron I can only eat Khichri and banana, can get frequent cramps.

That's good. My personal suggestion kindly avoid wheat and maida products as wheat products consists of gluten and several studies have clear suggested gluten increases the symptoms. I understand being northern Indian its difficult to avoid wheat so try having gluten free products (again gluten free is quiet expenses).

I have started one tablet with 50 mg Azoron since yesterday.
Let's hope for the best !
I can eat white bread. Is that ok, if I have to avoid wheat. (Roti)

i am sorry to say this Rajat but even white bread has gluten in it. So if you want to eat bread eat gluten free bread which is available in selected outlets only. FYI just google about gluten and the products which consists of gluten so that you will have a better information regarding gluten and its effects.

Thanks

I feel much better after I stoped eating wheat or any wheat products. Now I eat , Corn floor, rice, dal, Idle, dosa ,poha,Kuttu atta,upma, paneer, fruits vegitables and eggs.

Raw onion and Garlic is good for me. I also had few shots for vitamin D & B12.
Avoid all milk products and salads.