• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's frustration

Hi I was diagnosed 18 months ago but have been ill on and off for 13 years it all came down to Crohn's disease I was relieved when I was diagnosed as I though great I'm going to get better. Wrong it's such a juggle and mind blowing to get on top of this condition. To make matters worst I have hypothyroidism to, my husband gets so frustrated with me when I'm ill and bless him he's had to put up with me being really up and down over the years.
I've been fine for two months I was thinking fab I'm in remission I work at a school so I've had the summer hols off but bang last Sunday I've flared up and been off work since Monday its painfull,bloating and rushing to the loo I'm getting really down this time around I want to go back to work!!!!

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry for all you are going through. Feel free to come here and vent, share or ask questions as much as you want.

Welcome to the forum. What medications are you on? You may need to go on something else, since they're obviously not working. You could try a food diary to see if something you're eating is making you worse. I'm sorry your husband gets frustrated with you. If you had cancer, would he treat you like that too? Maybe you could give him some literature on Crohn's to read so he can educate himself.

Welcome to the forum. What medications are you on? You may need to go on something else, since they're obviously not working. You could try a food diary to see if something you're eating is making you worse. I'm sorry your husband gets frustrated with you. If you had cancer, would he treat you like that too? Maybe you could give him some literature on Crohn's to read so he can educate himself.
Agree