• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's is my new BFF for life

Hello All! My name is Stephanie.

I know a lot of you have had super long journeys to get diagnosed with Crohn's and I am no stranger to that for sure. I have had digestive and immune problems since I was little and have been fighting the good fight with doctors for 8 years now. Finally got an answer a few weeks ago from an amazing Rheumatologist.

It is sad to say but I actually felt relieved. Happy even. It was crazy. Crohn's Disease...OK let's do this!

...but let's not. I am in the middle of a flare up even though I am on Medrol, Gabapentin, and lots of vitamins for all my fun deficiencies. I have an Umbilical Hernia I named Bob that decided to join the party. Next appointment is going to be a Remicade cocktail.

I am scared, frustrated, and overwhelmed but I am determined to not let it stop me.

Thank you for listening to me!

Hi Stephanie. Go read my story and it will tell you about my ups and downs with Crohn's. Mine is also titled My Story.

I can relate to everything you are going through. I take a lot of medication. I have had it for 22 years. Due to this I have been diagnosed with Major Depression. I still take medicines for it today. I felt alone, no matter the support you get from family and friends. Seriously, how could you not get depressed when you have a chronic illness. However, with medication for both Crohn's and Depression, I lead a very happy and healthy life.
For Crohn's I take:
-Humira (weekly)
-Imuran
-Pentasa

Hello All! My name is Stephanie.

I know a lot of you have had super long journeys to get diagnosed with Crohn's and I am no stranger to that for sure. I have had digestive and immune problems since I was little and have been fighting the good fight with doctors for 8 years now. Finally got an answer a few weeks ago from an amazing Rheumatologist.

It is sad to say but I actually felt relieved. Happy even. It was crazy. Crohn's Disease...OK let's do this!

...but let's not. I am in the middle of a flare up even though I am on Medrol, Gabapentin, and lots of vitamins for all my fun deficiencies. I have an Umbilical Hernia I named Bob that decided to join the party. Next appointment is going to be a Remicade cocktail.

I am scared, frustrated, and overwhelmed but I am determined to not let it stop me.

Thank you for listening to me!
Hi Stefanie,
I'm sure now you been diagnosed and you are going to start one of the best treatment available (remicade) you'll start dating some more interesting friends than crohn's.
Good luck and take care