• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's is still sticking around

crohn's is still sticking around

Hi there,
i hate to be a whiner but it's been three weeks still on preds 40mg and tapering off after 40mg to less each week .my right side is still flared up. i only can drink and eat liquids. when will the pain stop the only time i am not in pain is when i am asleep and this because of the pain killers but they helps little. i think i will go back to my gp and get more preds. it's so frustrating to be in this postition and the group of people here have been great. i am very glad i found this site because others are going through the same thing.

Scott - I would definitely talk to your doc. He has to know what it helping and what isn't. If you're still in this much pain, it sounds like you need a change.

Keep us posted.

Best wishes <3

xJillx

Your Story Forum Monitor
I agree with Jessica, it is time to reach out to your GI. You should be improving after 3 weeks of 40mg of pred.

I hope things turn around for you soon.