• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns Olympics...just for laughs!

I've often wondered what an olympic event would be called at an all crohns competition...

1. Shitting through the eye of a needle at fifty paces?
2. The 100metre squirt sprint?
3. The 'gotta find it real quick or else' dunny dash?

any other suggestions?

Lisa

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
Good idea :D!

How about a contest to see who can make the loudest gurgling sounds with their stomach. The competitors are given a few minutes to eat whatever they choose, and then there is a contest to see who can make the loudest noises with thier stomachs.

K

Kate

How about a farting compertition and if ya poop yourself your out

D

Donna

Kate said:
How about a farting compertition and if ya poop yourself your out
Well hell, I can't compete in this catagory then!!! ;)

How about "how many times can you stand up after going only to sit down again" competition...

or...

"clear out the public restroom" competition...last one in there wins. (passing out doesn't count)

or...

"how many docs did you go thru to get diagnosed..." - the most wins.

And, what would we get for medals??? Toilet Paper that is bronzed, silvered, and golded (I know those aren't words...lol).. or lil gold potty statues???

mikeyarmo

Co-Founder
How about longest time to have a barium follow through get through you? All competitors would drink the barium at the same time, and evey 15-45 minutes x-rays would be taken. Whoever takes the longest to have the barium reach their long intestine wins.

M

Mozam

HAHAHAHAHA!!! These are absolutely superb guys!

Howsabout synchronised sh*tting? Four members of the same team, sitting in different cubicles - farts at the same time etc all means big points!

Janet said:
I want a potty statue!

We are putting a toilet on a post on each side of our driveway! We live in a rural area and there's nothing like giving directions...yeah, we're the house with the robot on the dam bank, the mermaids on the letterbox and the two toilets standing guard at the driveway...lol:D :D :D :D :D

D

Donna

mikeyarmo said:
How about longest time to have a barium follow through get through you? All competitors would drink the barium at the same time, and evey 15-45 minutes x-rays would be taken. Whoever takes the longest to have the barium reach their long intestine wins.
Just out of curiousity, what is the longest you guys went with the barium follow-throughs??

My first one was like 3 and a half hours, but this last one was almost 5! They said my stomach was moving slow for some reason. They should have let me eat Chinese food...that would have gone thru in like 20 minutes!!

J

Janet

Donna said:
Just out of curiousity, what is the longest you guys went with the barium follow-throughs??

My first one was like 3 and a half hours, but this last one was almost 5! They said my stomach was moving slow for some reason. They should have let me eat Chinese food...that would have gone thru in like 20 minutes!!
5/5.5 hours. It took FOREVER oh man. At least I got to leave for a bit and go to Togos:D

K

Kossy

Donna said:
My longest was 9 hours..... And that was AFTER I had my colon removed.

K

Kossy

1.Barium/Contrast chugging contest.
2. Sexiest Scary Competition.
3. Pill popping contest.
4. Best Crohn's related excuse to get out of doing something (or out of a ticket) match.

D

Donna

Well, I would win in the most weight gained by prednisone... :(
I would definitly lose in the barium chugging contest...that stuff makes me wanna puke....and they alwayssss ask, "can you take just one more sip?"
And the pills, well thankfully, I am only on 4 a day now, and if only I could actually remember to take them!!!

And believe it or not, I did get out of a ticket for speeding. The cop pulled me over and I was only like 10 miles from home. I was in terrible pain as well, and when he pulled me over...all I had to say was I was really sick and if he didn't let me go, I was going to sh** my pants. He said he wished he had a dime for everyone who said that to him. Just then, the gurgle that was in my belly decided to come out my bottom, in the most "un-womanly" way possible! He just looked at me and said, ok, yes, you do have a problem and you can go with that! He didn't even give me a warning! Just said to go the speed limit and hoped I would make it home in time.

J

Jenni

i was on sixteen pills a day a few months ago so i mite give yall some competition :p and i gained at least fifty pounds on prednizone haha

J

Jenni

hahaha i still remember in the middle of class my teacher going "O MY GOD why the heck r ur cheeks so big?" that was just so fun :p hahaha

K

Kate

haha i had my sister pokeing my cheeks going omg they must be sore

J

Jenni

lol one time i went to instruct a class at karate and this girl goes"hey Jenni i heard u got something called Ulcerative Colitis...does that mean ur face gets huge?" i didnt even kno wat to say lol

K

Kate

haha i told someone i had crohns and she asked me how long i had. I was like ummm its not fatel and she was like oh... good hehe

Only on a crohns forum would you see some of these things...I love it :)

Anyone on pentasa (before the 500mg pills were offered) should be able to win a pill competition..take so damn many of those.. hehe

D

Donna

Ok I wish I could say you all have me beat in the weight gaining section thanks to prednisone...but I gained 97 pounds in the first 6 months I was on it. And, in the beginning, I was taking 32 pills a day. Ok, now that I am done congratulating myself...lol.

I think ANYONE who has Crohn's should get a toilet award!!! 3 cheers to ALL of us!!!!!!!!

J

Jonny

ncgirl said:
For all the ostomates, quickest bag change.
:lol:

Im up for that..Or the Poopy Bag throw.--Id love doing that ive always wanted to throw it as far as i could:thumright:

D

DannyB

Donna said:
I think ANYONE who has Crohn's should get a toilet award!!! 3 cheers to ALL of us!!!!!!!!
:) I gotta agree with that one! we should also get an award for spying all the toilets in a shopping centre within 30 secs of gettin into the place.

D

Donna

DannyB said:
:) I gotta agree with that one! we should also get an award for spying all the toilets in a shopping centre within 30 secs of gettin into the place.
LOL!!! :thumright: Danny you are sooo right!! I know EVERY single public restroom from here to my mom's 2 hours east of me, and my one sister's, 2 hours west of me! EVERY ONE! And put me in a store the first time, and the first thing I look for are the restroom signs. Awful isn't it????