• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns or side effect of Humira?

I have a dear friend with crohns and I am worried about her. She took humira for a few months but then had a strange side effect. Everything she ate tasted like rancid food. Has been on antibiotics which helped for a few days but its back with a vengence. She is losing weight like crazy. Potassium low. She stopped humira but still has the taste thing going on. Went to the ER and they could not find a reason for her to be doing this, she was in tears. She is on antibiotics again. And I am praying this helps until she can get to another doctor. Her GI doc has no reason for this symptom. Has anyone had this happen and if you have how did you get rid of it? Treament? Thanks