• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's pain

My son is 17 diagnosed 7 years ago - resection, multiple hospitalizations, meds, prednisone, 6mp, pentasa, antibiotics, iron, probiotics, zofran, omeprazole, pepto, mylanta, tums, cinnamon, vitamins, bland diet, vegetarian diet, low fat diet, mre's, mri's, ct scans, xrays, blood work x hundreds, fundraisers, awareness - relief lasts brief if ever....

Jennifer

Adminstrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome to the forum! :D

I see your thread title says "Crohn's pain," did you have a specific question regarding pain? Or are you trying to say that you don't think the meds are working anymore? Do both you and him like/trust his GI? Sorry I can't quite respond to your post. :(

David

Co-Founder
Greetings and welcome :)

I'm sorry to hear your son has obviously been through so much. My heart goes out to the both of you.

How's he doing now? What symptoms does he have these days and what specific treatment is her undergoing?

All my best to you and your son.

Son

More bloodwork Thursday see what #s say. Just learned about LDN low dose naltrexone- today...very interested-does anyone have any recent info? Experiences?

So the CRP went down to 49 just with the regular meds - 100mg 6mp/day, pentasa 2000mg/day, multi vitamin, probiotic - but still high. Bloodwork also showed anemia so we added iron supplement and switched to a new probiotic our GP recommended - (50 billion) and our GP gave Rx for LDN after I called and gave him the information that I have learned through this site. Utilizing clay heating pad on abdominal area when pain is tough (learned here as well). We have also been doing smaller meals, and trying to avoid foods that trigger symptoms. The LDN has been 6 days so far and we are praying it gives some relief. My son is very depressed thinking of living like this for the rest of his life so we pray for some LDN miracle work. He was the one who thankfully found this forum.

David

Co-Founder
Thanks for the update! Here's to the LDN hopefully working like a charm! :)

And kudos to your doctor for his willingness to give an alternative treatment a shot.