• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's patient with surgery complications

I have been dx with Crown's disease in 2008 . However, have been dealing with the symptoms since 1998. I had my first bowel obstruction in 2001 and a few ones after that. I was in remission after my first hospitalization and the disease came back full force in 2008. Since then, I have tried several medications which have not worked. I started Remicade last November after being in severe pain. It did not work and my Girlfriend suggested small bowel resection. I just had it the first June.
After being discharged from the hospital a week later, the incision site and left me with a 6.5 centimeters in depth in my belly button. Now, My recovery is taking longer.

Does anyone have had this type of complications? How long did it take you to resume activities like driving and lifting?
Wsit to hear from you

Welcome. I had a resection six years ago. It is kind of foggy. I remember once a few weeks after I got home lifting the trash to take it out. It ended up spilling on the street . Again, details are foggy but I think it could have been anywhere from six weeks to two months.

My wound reopened 9 days after surgery. I have a wound vac to help it close because of its depth. Now, it is 3 centimeters and the wound vac will be removed so the rest of the healing can continue. I have a big hole there. What do you think?