• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns question

Hey everyone,

I had to be brought to the ER yesterday by ambulance because my stomach started to swell bad and that set my anxiety thru the roof. My heart was like beating out of my chest, my arm to my fingertips go numb, I started to hyperventilating.

My blood pressure and pulse rate were good and they did a cat scan that the DR said looked good... Well here I am sitting at home and I'm starting to get swollen again and my heart is starting to race, oh and my ostomy is taking its time doing its thing..

Seems like this a lot lately, am I make sure I'm not eating anything wrong and I chew my food really good so I don't cause a blockage..

Has anyone had or having the issues that I'm going thru that can help me out? Cause I have had several scans and the drs say it looks good in there and then let me go...

So I'm left to deal at home not knowing what's going on in there and it scares me

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi. Are you having pain?
Changed your diet?
How long have you had the stoma?
Scans would likely show if there was a problem that needed attention.
You could talk to your stoma nurse.