• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's started aza nevours

I very nervous when I started it too. But it helped me so much and brought me back to life for several years. When I started it I was extremely sick. Under 100lbs and never leaving my bed. After being on it for just a couple months I was almost to my old self.
It can be scary and nerve wracking to take these meds but in the long run they usually really are worth it.

When I first started, yes it made me feel under the weather and tired. But eventually my body started to work with it and it got much better. Hang in there!!! It will get better with time and when you need to vent or just need some support you know where to go!

I had all sorts of strange symptoms in the week after starting Aza - but absolutely fine since (except contracting Shingles!).

not sure about the shots but they are tryng to get it approved if my insurace doesnt approve it i have to go to hop every 3 months and get a infusion , and i started the med this moring and i am crappin

Angrybird

The Aza can take up to 12 weeks to kick in so I am not surprised you are having issues with the tum if you only started it this morning. Usually whilst a med like this is given time to kick in a course of steroids get prescribed (for the short term) as this can knock any inflammation you have down and then things are in a good place for when the maintainence med kicks in. When are you next due to see your doc for a check up? Have you been advised on any type of diet to follow?