• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns sucks

This is my first time posting to this site, but I've used several times for information. I'll preface my story by saying my father has had crohns all of my life, so as I was growing up I thought every stomach pain I ft was crohns. Then, when I was in college I got my first anal fissure, never new i could be so scare of going to the bathroom! I went back home to see my dads GI. He did some test and said I did not have crohns, just unlucky. Time goes by and the fissure was very painful for several years. I don't know if it eventually healed itself or if I just got used to it. About four years after I first got the fissure, I developed this terrible pain in my eye. I saw the eye doc and they did really give me any answers, just the whole come back in 2 weeks thing. So I basically took Advil around the clock and sulked around for a week or so then it got better. This would occur about 2 or 3 times a year for the next couple of years, and I still had no idea what the cause was. Then, last June I noticed a tender bump on my taint area (sorry to be graphic). I accidentally racked myself on a bucket I was sitting on at work a couple days earlier and just attributed the bump to that incident. Well days pass and the bump just keeps getting larger and more tender. After waiting way too long to go to the doctor (because of the embarrassing location) I wool up one morning feeling like I was going to die. I rushed to the UTC and told the doctor about the bump. She quickly diagnosed it as an abscess and said I was close to becoming septic and needed to drain it ASAP. She the. Localized the area and drained the abscess. I literally passed out from the pain! Because of my family history, she referred me to a colorectal surgeon, who then did some minor surgery on the abscess and preform a colonoscopy. It was the. I was officially diagnosed with crohns. I learned that the headaches and eye pain were likely attributed to the disease. I've been on several drugs, but I keep getting the eye pain and have recently developed a very painful hemorrhoid (hooray). In a few weeks I will start remicade. I'm a little nervous a out it but something's got to give. As of now I figure I live about 40% of my life in pain and I can't go on like this. Has anyone else had the eye pain/headaches, and do you know if remicade will help the issue?

Angrybird

Hello and welcome to the forum :)

I am sorry to hear about the ongoing pain you are experiencing, I take it tests have confirmed you crohn's is still active? Do you get any other symptoms with the tum? What meds are you on currently? I have not had any issues with headaches/problems with eyes as part of my crohn's but definetly check out our Extra Intestinal Manifestations forum as there may be some info about this here: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81. I have been on Remicade previously and it did a great job at settling the tum, it was unfortunately stopped after a few months due to a reaction I then had to it but I know others here have done well on it for a good while, we also have a sub forum for this that is worth having a look at: http://www.crohnsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58.

I will be keeping fingers crossed that things can improve for you soon.

AB
xx

SarahBear

Welcome to the forum, Beerme!

Sounds like you've had a tough time of things. May I ask what medications you have tried before?

I hope you check out the links Angrybird provided. A lot of forum members are on Remicade and doing wonderfully with it. I hope reading their stories can help ease your worries.

I hope things get better for you soon! :hug: