• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns tattoo

i have been thinking of getting my next tattoo and was thinking of something crohns related,i would like something on the lines of a genetic make up or like the dna make up but im struggling to find anything apart from a kind of barcode thing.does any one know of anything that would make up a nice tattoo
many thanks craig

how about a guy sitting on the toilet. lol just kidding. I cant think of anything off the top of my head but do let me know what you decided on.

haha get the ipood pic that you get on tshirts.i really want something like the dna structure type picture but probably is that kinda thing so might have to think of something else

Im getting the Phoenix bird carrying a Crohns ribbon. It means a lot to me because I did die on the OR table during an emergency resection. And now I am a nurse helping those with Crohns :) So I was reborn, as the phoenix bird does. Hope that helps :) I know it's a little deep... but I am excited for it!!

ah thunderstruck thats awesome.....hope it goes ok and get the pics up soon,theyres loads of things to go for but i just fancied some sort of genetic or dna type thing but struggling to find anything,might need to wait till im back at the hospital and ask the GI or nurse.

A MAP stain might be an option. There should be a few of these on google. There is some nice dna strand tatoo images :).

ah thunderstruck thats awesome.....hope it goes ok and get the pics up soon,theyres loads of things to go for but i just fancied some sort of genetic or dna type thing but struggling to find anything,might need to wait till im back at the hospital and ask the GI or nurse.
Thanks! I'd google the DNA strands like the other poster suggested. Are you on any long term meds? They have some pretty cool molecular pictures of them too :)

I also died on the table at one point, so I understand completely.

I had always wanted a lion tattoo (I'm a leo), but with a mane in pink and blue. About 16 years ago I was looking around online to find the perfect lion and I found it. Not only was the lion perfect, but he's the logo for a j-pouch group in the UK. I think it was the Red Lion Club. Not that I have a j-pouch, but that it's a surgery used on those with Crohn's and the perfect lion for me, so I went for it.

My avatar is the same as my tattoo.

At the Take Steps walk we had a few weeks ago, they were giving away temporary tattoos w/t-shirts supporting Crohn's. All of the walkers wore them. I still have a bunch at home that I wear from time to time to show my support.

CrohnsChicago

Super Moderator
I have no suggestions, but I figured that the crohn's has already tattooed up my insides pretty well. There's no denying something left it's mark inside of me lol! :)

But an outside tattoo sounds like a good idea as well lol :)

haha crohn'schicago i hear you.i do have a very nice scar from belly button to goolies(what we call our dangly bits in glasgow)
i might just get that highlighted lol
im only on asacol long term but i never thought of looking up the drug dna structure.will have another look today.i did fancy getting "una vida,bein vivida" roughly translated a life well lived then my wife said "FFS your no even 40,you have the rest of your life to live"
put me in my place lol
i'll keep on looking till i find the right symbol for me...thanks all for your idea's and input

when my daughter was diagnosed with Crohns she had suffered a long time and then she had surgery. I spent everynight with her in the hospital. one night as i surfed the net i found this design by an art student who had drew this for a class assignment as his idea of a Crohns symbol. The medical staff with the dots for the gasto. system and the purple ribbion for Crohns so it could be for Colitiois or Crohns. When my daughter was released i paid for hers her mothers and my tattoo. I thought this showed we shared her pain....tell us what you think the one with the date is my daughter the date is her diagnosis date.

Attachments

I have no suggestions, but I figured that the crohn's has already tattooed up my insides pretty well. There's no denying something left it's mark inside of me lol! :)

But an outside tattoo sounds like a good idea as well lol :)
Your avatar would make quite a nice tattoo. BTW, well done on the non-smoking. 2 weeks 5 days for me and I'm finding it tough.

That's actually one of my plans, but I'm waiting for couple of piercings to heal first and the winter (less to no exposure to sun). The only thing that I'm apprehensive about the longer healing time since I'm on Remicade.

Kenny: That's a great idea, I just love it :)

This is the one I got. I always wanted a dolphin tattoo and after my husband took me to swim with dolphins for the first time I decided I would get it, but then I was diagnosed with Crohn's and it just didn't happen. I figured I was being tortured enough at the hospital with needles why go and ask for someone to cause me more pain. Then on my 25th birthday I got the idea to combine the dolphin and the Crohn's ribbon. This is what my husband and I came up with. Probably not what you are looking for at all, but for me I always like seeing what others have done. It actually didn't hurt too bad either :)

Attachments