• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's - The Sequel (return after colon removed)

I have had crohns for 20 years. After three resections, the colon was removed in January 2009. I have a permanent illeostomy and had a proctolectomy. Suffered post surgical DVT and two PEs. My crohns was always isolated to the large bowel.

Now just more than three years later, the crohns had returned. I always knew that was possible, but was a but surprised it was so soon. In the past I have had issues with remicade and humira and have tried just about everything else. The docs are still figuring out how they will manage it. I have been on 50 mgs of 6mp since the surgery.

My question is this: has anyone else been in a similar situation as mine and how has it been for you the second time around. I know everyone is different, but was looking at what the road ahead might look like for me. Other than increasing the 6mp or going back on prednisone, not many more medicinal options for my situation.

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum, Spindy! I can't answer your question, but someone will. Take a look around the stoma subforum and maybe there is something there.