• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohns? To be or not to be?

Hi all

I first posted on here a couple of weeks ago.

I have alot of the symptoms of Crohns, was referred for a colonoscopy, which showed mild inflammation and small ulcers in the ileum.

I haven't received the letter from the consultant yet but saw my doctor today about something different and she looked on the computer. She said that from what she can find, the consultant has said that there is no evidence of Crohns found.

I'm waiting for the letter explaining their findings (or not!) but in the meantime I get days where I feel so ill, I've had D at least 2 times a day for the last few weeks.

When the camera showed inflammation and ulcers, I thought I was on the way to being diagnosed and could look into meds to hopefully start making me feel better. But no! I'm left banging my head against a brick wall.

It's incredibly infuriating. I'm sorry to hear you're going through this. It took my doctors years to finally diagnose my Crohns. I had one doctor telling me in AnE that it was a tummy bug and that I was being 'over dramatic' ! Stress is such a huge factor of Crohn's too, that this stress is obviously not helping your situation. You may of heard this many times before, but keep a health diary. Note every single symptom and cramp, because sometimes you have to really fight to get a diagnosis sorted.
I hope you have some sort of confirmation and hear from them soon.
Best of luck x

Thanks Dramaqueen

I'm keeping a food diary and including when I get pains, bloating etc.
I'm so frustrated with my current situation! x

Thats a very good idea Emma, also note your exercise and activity levels of the day, and things like hormone changes ie periods etc. My Crohn's relates heavily to stress levels so summarising your emotions of the day is also pretty helpful. Please let us know of any developments x x