• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's....??under investigation

Hi all

Well I'm a bit of an unknown to my drs/consultant. I have had on going symptoms of feeling sick, toilet issues and loss of appetite since I had my second child and she is now 4. At first my Drs just put it down to child birth and 'stress'. After constant visits to my local Drs, various blood tests and extreme weight loss they finally decided to refer me. I have had 2 endoscopes, 1 colonoscopy, and a capsule endoscopy with various biopsies taken, but the only two tests that showed any abnormalities have been the capsule and a stool sample. This has left my consultant very unsure as to if it is crohns. I have recently started a mild course of steroids (budesonide 3x 3mg) which I feel I have certainly noticed I am having better days, but still have the bad days.
I was wondering if anyone else started with similar symptoms and any advise on managing with crohns.

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi and welcome.

Have you tried any dietary changes? Some people are able to get some symptom relief through diet. I also suggest a food and symptom journal.

As a starting point you could try a low residue diet. Try taking gluten and dairy out. Diet doesn't replace the doctors advice and you should always keep you doctor informed of things you're trying.

Sending you my support. Hope you feel better soon.

Hi there,

I am also going through something similar. Long story short- I have always had a very sensitive stomach thought to be from nerves anxiety but it wasn't until after I had my second child 3 years ago that my symptoms got really bad. They have given me steroids and Pentasa in the past that didn't really help me either.
I also am having a hard time getting a true diagnosis from a GI doctor, some tests are positive while others are not. It is so frustrating living with these symptoms and getting no relief! I also suggest a food journal, learning what your triggers are and avoiding them is a huge help!

Sending my support, hope you are feeling better very soon!

-S

Thank you for you responses.
I have really reduced my diet and cut out many things, my next step is to cut out dairy. It is just so fristrating as can't pin point any real triggers and as I am sure you can all appreciate, we know our bodies and this is deffiently not just stress/anxiety. Just trying to stay positive and keeping active. Apparently there is alternative medication they can try me on also.