• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's with Nursing school

Good Day to everybody's

First of all I would like to say thank you for this forum ,and I hope we all get benefits from each other

I am 25 years old suffering of cramps and constipation, diarrhea, indigestible food in stool. H.pylori recurrence hemorides since 2009 to 2014 they think I have irritable bowel syndrome because all signs and symptoms spots on it they rolled out celiac with gastroscope that it's not celiac it is h.pylori in stomach in 2013 and barium x-Ray to confirm IBS and it doesn't show any abnormality ( I was wondering how can be doctors like this they skipped colonoscopy that is more accurate and done this one ) after graduation I joined private hospital as staff nurse I talked to GI doctors that GS doctors said I have fissures not hemorides and I suffer for 6 years and without medication even IBS medication cannot help me I have hair lose and mood swings, depression mostly , he examined abdomen it seems big with air and painful he suggested gastro and colonoscopy to role out Crohn's disease . I prepare myself to any bad news that it can be and take all preparation for the procedure after waking from sedation I was shocked I see ulceration in terminal ileum and colon . Doctor said it seems Crohn's but let us wait for tissue sample . I was really shocked that day what to do , which medication I will take how can I get out from this disease and all complications , June I start pentasa with omeprazol I lose weight and still my doctors wondering way I lose weight and more blood test and vitamin D under investigation

23/7/15

DJW

Forum Monitor
Hi,
It won't be much help but I also think it's important to wait on the biopsy results.
Speculation will make you feel worse, not better.

If Crohn's is confirmed there are very good treatments available. The vast majority of people Italk to are doing quite well .

Sending you my support.

Hello my dear

Thank you for your replay
Biopsy is out and confirmed Crohn's 😣 but now my doctor looking for why I have low ferritin and hair loss to start vitamins and iron

Thank you

Good luck
Pentasa typically doesn't do a lot for crohns when used as a monotherapy.
Ds tried pentasa for a month it did nothing at all
He just got worse
Weight loss
Low ferritin
Etc are typically all signs of active crohns
Have you started steroids to reduce the inflammation ?
Pentasa won't touch the inflammation even if it works for your crohns

Most Gi equate pentasa similar to giving aspirin to a brain tumor patient
Not going to help much but not going to hurt either .

Good luck
Pentasa typically doesn't do a lot for crohns when used as a monotherapy.
Ds tried pentasa for a month it did nothing at all
He just got worse
Weight loss
Low ferritin
Etc are typically all signs of active crohns
Have you started steroids to reduce the inflammation ?
Pentasa won't touch the inflammation even if it works for your crohns

Most Gi equate pentasa similar to giving aspirin to a brain tumor patient
Not going to help much but not going to hurt either .
Doctor said we start from lower medication to higher and we give one month for pentasa to see the action it reduce number of time going to CR put increase gases and fissure become without blood but still cramps he gave me scopinal antyspasm medication 😢 I am scared of steriods medication because lots of side effect is there anyother suggestion than steriods

Fissures or fistula's? I had 2 fistulas removed and they said I got them from crohn's. I feel for you if you have they. I had to go to emergency and get a boil from the fistuala. It was the size of a tennis ball. I hop things work out

Fissures or fistula's? I had 2 fistulas removed and they said I got them from crohn's. I feel for you if you have they. I had to go to emergency and get a boil from the fistuala. It was the size of a tennis ball. I hop things work out
No it is Fissure ( wound inside rectum)
Hope it will not recurrent to you , hopefully all things become alright

Thank you