• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's

Hi, I have had Crohn's for 24 years. I have been on every drug there is and have had 3 feet of my colon removed. Since 2009 I have been taking Humira. Since then I have had to have 15 units of blood and countless iron infusions. I have talked my doctor into letting me go off of Humira to see if it is the cause of my blood levels dropping constantly. I have to say it is has been 3 weeks and I feel amazing! I am sleeping better and have had zero panic/anxiety attacks. I would have them daily and I would only get on average 5 hours of interrupted sleep each night. I will have to decide which is more important, my sanity or my remaining colon when deciding if I am told I have to go back on Humira. Blood tests in 2 weeks to see if any improvement.

To me it has caused anxiety, depression and panic attacks. I feel so different being off of it. I have taking Humira shots for 5 years and I just don't think it has been around long enough to know the lasting side effects.