• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's

Hello skydomino. Welcome to the forum. We have a great parents section you may want to visit. How is your son doing?

my son is on azathioprine 50mg daily,prednidolone 5mg, 8per day for2 wks,then 7per day for 1 wk,then 6per day foor 1wk.i lansoprazole,calcichew I daily,hes nt sleeping at all through the night in constant pain,does it get any better than this..

If he is in pain call the Doctor. Maybe the medicine is not doing the JOB. Feel free to ask any questions or just vent. We have great support at this forum. I do hope your little one feels better soon. Sending hugs your way.

going to hospital in the morning ,again,will it ever stop,i feel like asking for a bed,never seem to get away from the hospitals,x

I have just been diagnosed and it does get better, I was in so much pain and in and out of doctors so much that I now recognise them in the street and say hi.
It's so difficult at first and unfortunately painful, but it does get better I promise I was recently given buscopan and it works on the stomach cramps and has taken a lot of pain away. I vent on here all the time and get so much help, its wonderful to have such an understanding group of people.

he has finally getting over this bout of crohn's its took about 4wks this time,still he has the cramps,and the diarrhea,but ha ho,of the hospital in the morning again,blood tests.x

Glad he is feeling better. The goal is to get him into remission and sometimes it takes a while to see what medicines work for him. If you don't see improvement with the meds he is on, call the GI and let them know. If possible get a copy of all his tests, that way you will know when something changes. Learn everything about this disease and the treatments available, keep in mind that is not the same for everyone. Ask questions. Remember, you are the best advocate for your Son.

I did send in forms for dla,but I was told 2 days later that it had been denied, they denied it within half an hour, they did not even ring are write to the hospital, doctors, school. so I have appealed and put a complaint in as well, they said that they got a normal kid of 11yrs ,and mine ,and said nothing wrong with him, shame on them,i had to carry him into hospital the other day, so bad he was, I will ask for his records next time I go in may, thanks for that. :--)