• Welcome to Crohn's Forum, a support group for people with all forms of IBD. While this community is not a substitute for doctor's advice and we cannot treat or diagnose, we find being able to communicate with others who have IBD is invaluable as we navigate our struggles and celebrate our successes. We invite you to join us.

Crohn's

I have had it for 12 years I'm embarrassed and humiliated by it everyday the good days I do have I don't even have the energy to straighten my hair an shave my armpits I know too much info but I have to either stay in to do my hair or go out and have everyone look at me like I'm a trap the me is gone! Me is straightening my hair an looking good by the way. As for my bad days I know the hospital cant do anymore and my gp I moved to a new surgery 2yrs ago and they are useless! I am suppose to be on fruti juce drinks and they only dispense 10 per prescription and I drink 4 a day so have to either go an order every day or only get them on good days which is about 2/10. I cant order them everyday because 80% of the time I'm cramped up in too much pain to walk to the doctors surgery and it all makes me depressed an upset that when I get bad days I want to die

Welcome to the forum!
Sorry to hear you are feeling so bad right now. I completely understand about not being able to do all those normal things and sometimes you have to let those go and focus on your health. Definitely don't stress about it or feel bad about it as that will only make you feel worse.

I think you need to insist that they write prescriptions for more drinks. (Are you drinking Fortijuice?) It makes no sense that you only get 2 whole days worth each time and if you make that clear to your GP then I think there is no reason they shouldn't write a whole weeks worth or even two weeks or a month. If your GP won't then either try a different and hopefully more reasonable GP at the surgery or phone your IBD nurse and get them to write to your GP and explain the need for them, the quantities needed etc and the impracticable nature of their small prescriptions. Also if you have trouble speaking to your GP on the phone or any other doctor, I've found the practice manager at my GP practice to be really helpful at sorting out prescriptions or a telephone consult. So hopefully there is someone at your GPs surgery who will take on board how much you are struggling and if the receptionists aren't helpful then I would recommend asking for the practice manager - it's worth a try!

If you'd like to tell us more about your Crohn's and the treatments you've tried then there may be someone who can suggest something else. There is such a wealth of experience on the forum :)

Good luck!